- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 60g butter, chilled, chopped
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 50g Danish salami, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated pizza cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Buttermilk, extra, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Position oven rack in the top half of oven.
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into a bowl. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in salami, cheese, olives and parsley.
- Make a well in centre of mixture. Add buttermilk. Using a flat-bladed knife, stir until a sticky dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until just smooth.
- Roll dough into a 20cm round. Place on prepared tray. Cut round into 8 wedges (don't cut all the way through).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until hollow when tapped on top. Serve.