CURRY OF SPLIT PEA AND PITA BREAD
For 4 people
- 2 tblsp of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 sliced thinly cloves of garlic
- 1 tblsp of ginger
- 3 tblsp of dough of red curry (or green)
- 1,5l of vegetable broth
- 20cl of coconut milk
- 200g of split pea yellow
- 2 carrots
- 200g of rice
- 1 tblsp fresh coriander
- 1 cebette sliced thinly
- 200 g of flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 12cl of water
- Make warm the oil in a big pan. Add the onion and cook until he(it) is perfumed and soft, from 5 till 6 minutes.
- Incorporate the garlic and the ginger, by cooking even one minute. Then, add the dough of curry and let cook even one minute.
- Add split peas with the vegetable broth, reduce the fire(light) and let cook 30 minutes.
- Add carrots and coconut milk, and cook another 10 in 15 minutes until split peas and carrots are soft. Season. End with the coriander and the cébette.
- Mix the flour, the yeast with a little salt in a salad bowl.
- Add gradually the tepid(warm) water by mixing well, until obtain a ball of homogeneous dough, which does not stick.
- Mold slightly, then separate the dough in 4 balls of equal size. Spread(display) them rather finely by means of a rolling pin.
- Cook them in a frying pan 30 seconds on each side.
- Serve with the curry and the cooked basmati rice.